PowerPoint found a problem with content in xxxx.ppt__PowerPoint can attempt to repair the presentation

Problem with Office-2010 PowerPoint-2010
I am trying to download a powerpoint file from a web tool. After downloading when I try to open the file I get the blah blah "PowerPoint can attempt to repair the presentation." When I clicked repair it gave another error message that "There was an error access the file".
After a lot of looking around I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION. The "Protected View" settings in PowerPoint has to be changed to be able to consider the web downloaded presentations as safe and viewable. Here is how I did it:
1. Open PowerPoint 2010 -> Click on File -> Options
2. On the side tab click on "Trust Center" -> Now click on "Trust Center Settings" which is in the right window.
3. It opens a new window "Trust Center"
4. Click on "Protected View" on the left side panel.
5. Uncheck "Enable protected view for files originating from the internet". - Click OK and OK
This should get rid of "repair my ____" error and open the ppt file.

No comments:

Post a Comment